Old World or is it …
In what other industry would you regularly find examples where the contact between a client & their supplier (in this case a broker or an insurer) might be as infrequent as every 12 months – None I’d venture to suggest!! but incredibly even in today’s world that is the reality of some customer relationships particularly those loyal & highly profitable customers who never have the unfortunate experience of having a claim.
But times are certainly changing ….
New World …
We are fortunate enough to work with some great fast growth, customer focused businesses & what often sets them apart from the competition is their total focus on the customer & in particular the customer journey. Those that get it really right:
- Grasp ever opportunity they can to interact with their clients or their prospective clients
- Understand & engage with their customers at each stage of their customer journey
- Are obsessive about gathering data & insight about their customers at each stage of the customer journey
- Continually look for ways to enhance their customer experience
It won’t come as any surprise to most of you that these businesses tend to be the one’s that:
- Are growing faster
- Are more profitable
- Pull customers & people (talent) to them
- Invest in multi channels marketing
- Are really successful at increasing customer spend through relevant & targeted cross & up sale
- Are top scorers when it comes to customer & staff advocac
As a customer myself “new world” certainly hits the mark for me …
Speak to us today if your interested in a fresh approach to developing your & enhancing your Customer Journey.
Author Derek Findlayson